CareCru is completely transforming the way dental practices operate so that they can deliver an unparalleled, enjoyable experience for patients and grow their practice more effectively. Through user-centric design, automation, and AI-driven insights, CareCru is changing the dental space.
CareCru is the creator of Donna™, a virtual dental practice assistant, powered by AI, that grows and manages dental practices. Through Donna, dental practices can grow and more effectively manage their business while drastically enhancing the patient experience.
What about the culture?! We are an ambitious team of no-nonsense, risk-takers that thrive in a swing for the fences culture. We are positive, passionate, and a lot of fun to work with.
- Be an early stage contributor in the hottest Dental startup in North America run by a proven team with successful startup experience
- We provide a competitive salary and early stage stock options
- An excellent benefits package including health, life, dental and vision
- Be part of a passionate, entrepreneurial team that works hard and has fun doing it
As a Product Manager at CareCru, you will help drive CareCru’s product strategy and execution—translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap. You will work cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for practices and patients alike. You’ll work directly with the Head of Product, Engineering, Design, and QA, as well as with Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development, and Sales to ship great products. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements—conceptualizing, launching, and iterating continuously to build a world-class product.
What You’ll Do
- Deeply understand your customers and identify the biggest problems to solve through research and analysis.
- Work directly with the Head of Product to develop and manage the product roadmap and distill into milestones, releases, epics, user stories, and requirements.
- You will work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to plan, design and execute on new products and features.
- Take ownership of the product and drive new feature development from start to finish.
- Serve as the technical expert for the product, understanding the connection of what solutions are in the market and how CareCru positions itself competitively
- Act as product advocate with reach across engineering, user experience, BD and support teams
- Manage the product backlog by writing clear use cases/requirements articulating product/service functionality that can be executed on by the engineering team
- Lead product grooming meetings with designers, engineers, and quality assurance team members.
- Rally a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, marketers, and customer success managers to ship a world-class product.
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success.
- Communicate plan, progress, releases and updates to key stakeholders including customer success, sales, business development, and the executive team.
Who You Are
- Obsessed with user experience and have a passion for building great products.
- Competitive desire to build a product that is best-in-class and second to none.
- Deep customer empathy. You can listen to users, understand their key problems, and develop intuitive solutions to these problems.
- Great communicator. You can distill a complex problem into its essential elements, and clearly communicate your vision to the rest of the team and executives.
- Self-motivated and outcome-oriented with a can-do attitude.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a product manager. Experience in dental or healthcare is a plus.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience
- 2+ years in a Senior/Lead position within Technical Product Management, Project Management, Engineering or Business Analyst roles
- You have experience with the planning, development, deployment, and maintenance of software features.
- You have the technical skillset to understand and speak the same language when working with the engineering team
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leading a development team through design, development, testing, deployment and system maintenance
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills to prioritize activities, issues and business use in a dynamic environment